Before you begin populating your website, there are a few key points we think you should follow.
Before you login to the administration area for the first time you should:
- Get an electronic version of your school logo.
- Get an electronic version of your school handbook, usually a PDF or Word document.
- Think about the colour scheme you want to use for your website.
- Think about the menu and sub menu options you are going to have and what order they should be in as they will be displayed in the order you add them.
Once you have all of this information you can start adding content to your site. We recommend you start by doing the following:
- Upload your school logo, decide on which template to use and on the colour scheme for your website.
- If you are a school, upload your school handbook and put this under the menu you want this to feature usually "Our School" or "About Our School".
- Add a news section and at least one news story, with or without a summary image, this could even be just a sentence like “Website Coming Soon”.
- Add a calendar and some events to it, this should include School Holidays, In-Service Dates and any up and coming Events in the school, e.g. exams, school plays.
- You can now setup your front page as the "Latest News" and "Upcoming Events" sections you can add to it will display the news and events you have added. This will allow the news on the front page to update automatically and the upcoming events to only show future events without you having to edit the front page.
- Remember as you begin to add sub menus to your website you should plan how you want these to display as they cannot be re-ordered. The way these are input is the way they will display in the website and not in chronological or alphabetical order.
Hope you find this helpful, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.